If you care about human safety and bear conservation you will benefit from Andy McMullen’s enthusiasm and extensive knowledge of bear ecology and behaviour.
Andy provides you with customized practical solutions to address your safety and conservation concerns for grizzly, black and polar bears. Throughout four decades Andy draws his knowledge and experience from:
- 40 years of hands-on wildlife work
- 37 years working in cross-cultural environments
- 13 years as a wildlife officer in Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Extensive experience with bear deterrents and electric fencing
- Chairman Safety in Bear Country (1999 to present)
- Production team member of Safety in Bear Country Video Series (Staying Safe in Bear Country; Working in Bear Country; Living in Bear Country; Polar Bears: A Guide to Safety)
- Executive producer for Living in Bear Country and Polar Bears: A Guide to Safety
- Development of Polar Bear Guard standards and supporting training materials.
Andy’s dedication is recognized by many. He earned a special achievement award in 2022 from the Northwest Territories and Nunavut Chamber of Mines and Government of the NWT for his passionate work with mining and exploration companies to protect grizzly bears, and the Shikar Safari International Wildlife Officer of the Year award for his proactive commitment to bear safety and conservation during the NWT diamond rush.